Mountain Climbing requires a lot of courage. But it also requires a lot of body strength and if you don’t train yourself properly then it is tough to complete climbs. Nutrition also plays an important role in getting for building body strength. Here are some ways you can do it by getting the proper nutrition. Just follow the 10 Nutrition Tips for a Stronger Climbing Body!
Here are some nutrition tips that can help you build a stronger body –
- To climb, you need to have a strong cardiovascular system. For that, do cardio first thing in the morning. It burns fat and also gives a major boost to your stamina.
- Breakfast is an important thing too. A lot of people tend to skip the breakfast because they are in a hurry. However, if you are serious about climbing, then you should not ever skip it. Have something heavy that is full of proteins. I have pasta before my climbing trips. You can follow simple recipes and with tools like Kitchenaid Professional 600, you can easily make them from your home.
- Don’t go overboard with any of your meals. Eat small portions multiple times of day, instead of having a heavy lunch. This gives your continuous body energy when you are training.
- Follow a 4-to-1, carbs-to-protein diet. Carbs give you the right energy while proteins help you build muscles. Have some carbs before you go for a climb, as they give you the right amount of energy.
- Try avoiding eating snacks when you are feeling hungry. Climbers should focus on eating regular foods and avoid pre-processed snacks. Raw vegetables and fruits are an excellent substitute, and you should grab your favorite fruit, whenever you feel hungry.
- If you are planning to go on a long climb, you need to start preparing for it in advance. Following a structured diet is highly recommended during this time. Focus on core issues like if you need to build more muscles or lose some fat. Structure your diet according to the requirement of your body.
- Keeping yourself hydrated is the key here. Drink lots and lots of water. When your train for your climbs, you sweat a lot. So it is important to drink liquids at regular intervals. Also, try avoiding laxatives like coffee as they amplify the chance of dehydration.
- After your workout, grab something heavy. Your body needs energy, and you have to provide that by having a proper meal. Also treat yourself once a week. I bake a banana cake. It is nutritious, and you can easily make it with a stand mixer. To find one for your need, do some research and read about stand mixer reviews on ShiningKitchen.com.
- Ensure that one of your meal is heavily dominated by protein. This helps build muscle and give you the core strength to train harder.
- Workouts are also the key. Consult with your trainer and plan your workouts according to your diet. Your training regime should compliment your diet program.
So these were ten beginners nutrition tips for climbers. If there is something specific you need to know about, then drop a comment below.